After the Civil War, the Reconstruction legislature abandoned the original seal depicting the state's rivers as its greatest resource in favor of an eagle on a shield. The banner carries a fictional translation of the Indian word Alabama. A more accurate rendering is believed to be "This is a goodly land and here we will make our home". The state legislature restored the original Great Seal in 1939.
This window is displayed on the first floor of the Hall of Justice.